Pay bills with Online Bill Pay to save time and money.
Once you have enrolled in Bill Pay, you can log on to Online Banking and select the Bill Pay tab from the blue menu bar to begin using the Payment Center.
Add a New Biller to Pay:
- Click [Add a Company or Person].
- Search and select the company from our predefined list or input the company name manually if company is not available.
- Enter your account information and other required information from your bill.
- Click [Add] to complete the process of adding the new biller.
Pay a Bill:
- Input the payment amount in the Amount box for the biller you are wanting to pay.
- Click on the calendar icon and choose the “Deliver By” date.
- Click [Send Money] at the bottom of the Payment Center page. (Multiple bills can be entered before submitting.)
To transfer money from your Hometown Community Banks account to your account at another financial institution, follow the steps below.
Step 1 – Add and Verify Your External Account within Online Bill Pay
Add External Account:
Once you are logged on to Online Banking, you can select the Bill Pay tab and click [Transfer Money] from the menu bar.
- Click [Add An Account].
- Enter an Account Nickname.
- Choose the Account Type from the drop down.
- Indicate whether the account is a Personal or Business account.
- Enter and confirm the Routing Number.
- Enter Account Number and confirm the Account Number.
- Click the check box to acknowledge that you understand the need to confirm two test deposits to verify ownership of the account.
Verify External Account:
Please wait at least two business days to allow test deposits and withdrawals to post to your account at your other bank. Once you have obtained the amounts and dates of the test deposits from your account at your other bank, you can log on to Hometown Banks Online Banking after you have obtained the test deposit information and select the Bill Pay tab and click [Transfer Money] from the menu bar.
- Click [Add Account].
- Click the “Verify link for the account you are adding” link.
- Click "Yes, I'm ready to verify".
- Enter the amounts of the two test deposits.
- Click [Verify].
After the account has been verified, your external account will be added to the drop down menu as an option.
Step 2 – Transfer Funds To Your External Account
- Click [Transfer Money] from the Bill Pay menu bar.
- Choose "From Account" from the dropdown.
- Choose "To Account" from the dropdown.
- Enter the Amount you wish to transfer (subject to transfer limits).
- Indicate whether the transfer is one time or repeating.
- Input or choose the transfer date by clicking the calendar icon and selecting the date.
- Click [Preview Transfer].
- Click [Make Transfer] if the transfer information is correct.