Our focus since 1960 – We have ‘time’ for you!
Morton Community Bank was organized in 1960 by a group of Morton businesspeople in order to better serve the community and its businesses. MCB opened its doors on August 26, 1961, with a single location at 671 W. Jackson Street in Morton, and seven employees.
Since then, MCB has grown with an emphasis on attracting and retaining customers by providing exceptional banking services, and by acquiring other community banks and continuing to provide exceptional service. Since the late 1980’s, MCB has completed 23 acquisitions.
Today, MCB has 55 locations in 38 communities in Central and Northwest Illinois, with 600 employees and $5.6 billion in assets. For a complete list of branch locations, ATMs, and hours of operations, please click here.
Employee Ownership makes the difference
MCB distinguishes itself by being employee-owned since 1978. Through the ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) the employees of the bank own about 30% of the bank, and share in its success. As co-owners, employees treat customers and their co-workers with special care and respect, going the extra mile. The remaining 70% of the bank is owned by the Honegger family and other individuals living in, or connected to, our local communities. The bank is not owned by any outside corporate interests and never will be.
Community is our middle name
From the beginning, MCB has prided itself on being an essential part of the communities it serves, not only by providing high quality banking and trust services to local residents and businesses, but also by MCB employees being out in the community, and an integral part of all the community organizations and events that make each community special.