Retail Online Banking Terms and Conditions
To complete the Morton Community Bank Online Banking registration process, you must accept the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully. Any other terms and conditions of your other accounts will continue to remain in effect. To complete your Morton Community Bank registration you must click on the "Accept" button to accept the terms of this agreement. We reserve the right to change Morton Community Bank Online Banking services and this agreement, including fees, at our discretion without notice to you except as required by applicable law. These changes will be posted on the Web Site, and it is your responsibility to review the Morton Community Bank Agreement from time to time to be aware of any changes or modifications. Your continued use of the services will indicate your agreement to any such changes.
Please be advised that by clicking on the accept button, you are consenting to receive the disclosures in this agreement electronically. Please be aware of the following rights:
You have a right to receive the disclosures of this agreement on paper. You have the right to withdraw the consent to electronically receive the disclosures at no charge. If you elect to withdraw the consent to receive these disclosures electronically, you must withdraw the consent in writing, and send the withdrawal of consent to:
Morton Community Bank
Electronic Banking Department
721 W Jackson
PO Box 104
Morton IL 61550-0104
If you wish to receive a paper copy of the Section IV disclosures, please send a written request to receive the disclosures with the consent withdrawal.
This Agreement contains the terms and conditions that apply to your use of Morton Community Bank Online Banking and Morton Community Bank Bill Pay services. The terms and conditions contained in this Agreement are in addition to any and all terms, conditions, rules and regulations that apply to any accounts or services you obtain from Morton Community Bank. Your registration for use of Morton Community Bank Online Banking service constitutes your acknowledgment and agreement with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Modifications to this Agreement
Morton Community Bank reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time. Any changes made to this agreement will update to the Terms and Conditions posted at Morton Community Bank Online Bank site. Revised terms and conditions shall become effective at the earliest date allowed by applicable law or regulation.
"Account(s)" - Your MCB deposit and loan accounts that may be accessed via Online Banking.
"Agreement" - refers to this document.
"We, US, Our or Bank" - refers to Morton Community Bank
"MCB Online Bank" - is the Internet based service that provides access to your MCB bank accounts.
"Bill Pay" - is the Internet-based service providing payments to third parties from Morton Community Bank Access to Online Banking
To access your MCB accounts via Online Banking, you must first register for the service. Registration includes your selection of an "Access ID" and "Password". Both will be required for access.
You will need a connection to the internet.
We recommend a Web browser with additional security features (Secure Socket Layer or SSL).
Description of Services
You may use Online Bank to perform the following functions:
- Access any deposit account under the same social security number you provided when you registered.
- Check your current deposit account balances and see transaction history.
- Transfer funds between qualified checking, savings, and loan accounts. Federal regulations impose limits with regards to transfer activity on Savings and/or Money Market Accounts. You can make no more than six preauthorized, automatic, telephone or MCB On-Line Bank transfers per statement cycle. No more than six of those transfers may be by check, draft, or debit card.
- Access your consumer, home equity and mortgage loan balance and history and make consumer and mortgage loan payments from a qualified checking, or savings account.
- Verify if a check, Check Card (Debit Card), ATM, or Direct Deposit Transaction has been posted.
- Download data for personal financial management software, such as Quicken® Quickbooks® and Microsoft Money®.
Please note that your ability to access and transfer to and from MCB accounts may be restricted by your relationship to the account. As an example, beneficiaries will not have access to account information.
Terms and Conditions
Access ID and Password
You will need an Access ID and Password to access your accounts through Online Banking. Access IDs may be up to 19 characters of any combination of letters or numbers.
Passwords must contain a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 17 characters, at least one upper case letter, at least one lower case letter, at least one number, at least one special character, such as "$" or "#” and cannot contain any part of the access ID or the word “password”.
You agree use of Access ID and Password constitutes an electronic signature for you and the Bank may accept as authentic any instructions given to us through the use of your Access ID and Password. You agree to keep your password secret and to notify the Bank immediately if your password is lost or stolen or if you believe someone else has discovered your password. You agree that if you give your Access ID and Password to someone else, you are authorizing them to act on your behalf, and the Bank may accept any instructions they give the Bank to make transfers or otherwise use the Service. The Bank may require you to change your password from time to time or on a regular basis to enhance security.
Hours of Accessibility
You can access your accounts through Online Banking 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except during maintenance periods or periods during which Online Banking otherwise is not operable. Transactions performed after 4:00 p.m. (Central time) Monday through Friday, or at any time on Saturdays or Sundays will be processed the following business day (Monday through Friday).
All responsibility or liability for any damages caused by viruses contained within the electronic files or at this web site is disclaimed.
Links to Other Web Sites
For the convenience of our customers, the web site may contain links to other web sites not owned or managed by the bank. The Bank is not responsible for the content in such web sites, and such web sites are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy by the bank.
Indemnification by User
The user agrees to indemnify and hold the bank, harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including attorney's fees related to a user's violation of these terms and conditions or the use of the services and information provided at this web site.
This web site could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
Electronic Mail Messages
Please note that electronic mail is not a secure form of communication and should not be used to communicate sensitive information to the Bank. We may not immediately receive any email sent by you. We need a reasonable opportunity to take action or respond to email requests. Do not use email to transfer funds, report unauthorized transactions or report unauthorized use of your Access ID and password. You must notify us in person, at the phone number or address listed in the Agreement.
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable:
- If through no fault of ours, your account does not contain enough available funds to make the transfer.
- If your account has been closed.
- If you have money in your account but the funds are subject to legal process or other encumbrance.
- If the transfer would exceed credit limits or other arrangements for covering overdrafts.
- If you have not properly followed the Online Banking instructions.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
Access to Home Equity Line of Credit
Access to your Home Equity Line of Credit, through Online Banking is equivalent to accessing your line of credit by check; however, there can be no stop payment orders issued and the minimum dollar amount for each transaction remains applicable.
Customers will be automatically deleted from Online Banking after 180 days of inactivity. Should you choose to re-enroll after being terminated, the "Enroll Now" hyperlink should be used.
Right to Refuse Service
Online Banking services may be revoked or refused at the discretion of Morton Community Bank.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
Error Resolution - in case of errors or questions about your Electronic Funds Transfer
Please call the Electronic Banking Department at 309-284-1365 or write us at 721 W Jackson St, Morton, IL 61550, as soon as possible, if you think an error appears on your monthly statement, a receipt is wrong, or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after the date of the first statement on which the problem or error appeared. (1) Tell us your name and your account number. (2) Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information. (3) Tell us the dollar amount of the item in question.
If you tell us orally, we will require you to submit your question or complaint in writing within ten (10) business days.
We will tell you the result of our investigation within ten (10) business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, we may take up to forty-five (45) days to investigate a complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will re-credit your account within ten (10) business days for the amount you feel is in error, so that you will have use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we do not receive written confirmation of your complaint or question within ten (10) business days, we may not re-credit your account. For errors involving new accounts, point-of-sale, or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. For new accounts, we may take up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error.
We will tell you the results of our investigation within three (3) business days after completing the investigation. If we decide there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. If your account has been re-credited and we determine there was no error, we will debit your account. You may request copies of the documents used for the investigation.
Inactivity / Termination
You are responsible for complying with all the terms of this agreement and with the terms of the agreement governing the deposit accounts which you access using electronic banking services. We can terminate your Online Banking privileges (including the Bill Payment Service) under this Agreement without notice.
Optional Bill Pay Services
Please refer to the Bill Pay Terms and Conditions when requesting this service.
Amendment and Termination
Morton Community Bank has the right to change this Agreement at any time by notice mailed to you at the last address shown for the Account on the Financial Institution's records, by posting notice in branches of the Financial Institution, or as otherwise permitted by law.
Morton Community Bank has the right to terminate this Agreement at any time. You may terminate this Agreement by written notice to Morton Community Bank. Morton Community Bank is not responsible for any fixed payment made before Morton Community Bank has a reasonable opportunity to act on your termination notice. You remain obligated for any payments made by Morton Community Bank on your behalf.
Fees for Internet Banking and Bill Pay
Basic Internet Banking
There is no fee for Basic Internet Banking without the Bill Pay option.
Optional Bill Pay service
The optional Bill Pay service is free for personal accounts for an unlimited number of bill pays.
Account to Account Transfer Terms of Service
This Account to Account Transfer Terms of Service document (hereinafter "Agreement") is a contract between you and Morton Community Bank (hereinafter "we" or "us") in connection with the Account to Account Transfer Service (as defined below) offered through our online banking site or mobile applications (the "Site"). This Agreement applies to your use of the Account to Account Transfer Service and the portion of the Site through which the Account to Account Transfer Service is offered.
2. Description of Account to Account Transfer Service.
The Account to Account transfer service (the "Account to Account Transfer Service") enables you to transfer funds between your Account(s) that you maintain with us on the one hand, and your Account(s) that are maintained by other financial institutions, on the other hand.
- "Account" means a checking, money market or savings account that is either an Eligible Transaction Account or External Account, as applicable.
- "ACH Network" means the funds transfer system, governed by the NACHA Rules, that provides funds transfer services to participating financial institutions.
- "Affiliates" are companies related by common ownership or control.
- "Business Day" is every Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Reserve holidays or other days that banks are legally closed.
- "Eligible Transaction Account" is a transaction account from which your transfers will be debited, your Account to Account Transfer Service fees, if any, will be automatically debited, or to which transfers and credits to you will be credited, that is eligible for the Account to Account Transfer Service. An Eligible Transaction Account shall be limited to a checking, money market or savings account that you hold with us.
- "External Account" is your account at another financial institution (i) to which you are transferring funds from your Eligible Transaction Account; or (ii) from which you are transferring funds to your Eligible Transaction Account.
- "Payment Network" means a debit or credit network (such as the ACH Network or ACCEL / Exchange payment network) through which funds may be transferred.
- "Service Provider" means companies that we have engaged (and their Affiliates) to render some or all of the Account to Account Transfer Service to you on our behalf.
- "Transfer Instruction" is a specific information provided for a transfer to be made that you provide to the Account to Account Transfer Service for a transfer of funds.
4. Service Providers.
We are offering you the Account to Account Transfer Service through one or more Service Providers that we have engaged to render some or all of the Account to Account Transfer Service to you on our behalf. However, notwithstanding that we have engaged such a Service Provider to render some or all of the Account to Account Transfer Service to you, we are the sole party liable to you for any payments or transfers conducted using the Account to Account Transfer Service and we are solely responsible to you and any third party to the extent any liability attaches in connection with the Account to Account Transfer Service. You agree that we have the right under this Agreement to delegate to Service Providers all of the rights and performance obligations that we have under this Agreement, and that the Service Providers will be third party beneficiaries of this Agreement and will be entitled to all the rights and protections that this Agreement provides to us.
5. Authorization and Processing.
- You represent and warrant that you are either the sole owner or a joint owner of the Eligible Transaction Account and the External Account and that you have all necessary legal right, power and authority to transfer funds between the Eligible Transaction Account and the External Account. If you are a joint owner of the Eligible Transaction Account, External Account, or both, then you represent and warrant that (i) you have been authorized by all of the other joint owners to operate such Accounts without their consent (including without limitation to withdraw or deposit any amount of funds to such Accounts or to even withdraw all funds from such Accounts); and (ii) we may act on your instructions regarding such Accounts without liability to such other joint owners. Further, you represent and warrant that the External Account is located in the United States.
- When we receive a Transfer Instruction from you, you authorize us to (i) debit your Eligible Transaction Account and remit funds on your behalf to the External Account designated by you and to debit your applicable Account as described below in Section 9 (Account to Account Transfer Service Fees and Additional Charges); or, as applicable, to (ii) credit your Eligible Transaction Account and remit funds on your behalf from the External Account designated by you and to debit your applicable Account as described below in Section 9 (Account to Account Transfer Service Fees and Additional Charges). You also authorize us to reverse a transfer from the applicable Account if the debit is returned from the other Account in the transaction for any reason, including but not limited to nonsufficient funds.
- We will use reasonable efforts to make all your transfers properly. However, we shall incur no liability if we are unable to complete any transfers initiated by you because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
- If, through no fault of ours, the Eligible Transaction Account or External Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the transfer or the transfer would exceed the credit limit of your overdraft account;
- The Account to Account Transfer Service is not working properly and you know or have been advised by us about the malfunction before you execute the transaction;
- The transfer is refused as described in Section 10 (Refused Transfers) below;
- You have not provided us with the correct information, including but not limited to the correct Eligible Transaction Account or External Account information; and/or,
- Circumstances beyond our control (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, network or system down time, issues with the financial institution(s), or interference from an outside force) prevent the proper execution of the transfer and we have taken reasonable precautions to avoid those circumstances.
- It is your responsibility to ensure the accuracy of any information that you enter into the Account to Account Transfer Service, and for informing us as soon as possible if you become aware that this information is inaccurate. You may not use a P.O. Box as a postal address. We will make a reasonable effort to stop or recover a transfer made to the wrong Account once informed, but we do not guarantee such recovery and will bear no responsibility or liability for damages resulting from incorrect information entered by you.
6. Transfer Methods and Amounts. There are limits on the amount of money you can send or receive through our Account to Account Transfer Service. Your limits may be adjusted from time-to-time in our sole discretion. You may have the ability to log in to the Site to view your individual transaction limits. We or our Service Provider also reserve the right to select the method in which to remit funds on your behalf though the Account to Account Transfer Service, and in the event that your Eligible Transaction Account is closed or otherwise unavailable to us the method to return funds to you.
7. Transfer Cancellation Requests. You may cancel a transfer at any time until it begins processing (as shown in the Account to Account Transfer Service). We will, to the extent permitted by law, make reasonable attempts to return any unclaimed, refused, refunded, prohibited, or denied transfer to your Account that we debited for the funds transfer. If this is unsuccessful (for example, the Eligible Transaction Account has been closed) we will make reasonable attempts to otherwise return the funds to you.
8. Stop Transfer Requests. If you desire to stop any transfer that has already been processed, you must contact customer care for the Account to Account Transfer Service pursuant to Section 26 (Errors, Questions, and Complaints). Although we will make a reasonable effort to accommodate your request, we will have no liability for failing to do so. We may also require you to present your request in writing within fourteen (14) days. The charge for each request will be the current charge for such service as set out in the applicable fee schedule.
9. Account to Account Transfer Service Fees and Additional Charges. You are responsible for paying all fees associated with your use of the Account to Account Transfer Service. Applicable fees will be disclosed in the user interface for, or elsewhere within, the Account to Account Transfer Service or Site. Any applicable fees will be charged regardless of whether the Account to Account Transfer Service was used, except for fees that are specifically use-based. Use-based fees for the Account to Account Transfer Service will be charged against the Account that is debited for the funds transfer. There may also be charges for additional transactions and other optional services. You agree to pay such charges and authorize us to deduct the calculated amount from the applicable Eligible Transaction Account you hold with us or the Account that is debited for the funds transfer, depending on how such charges are described in the user interface for the Account to Account Transfer Service. Any financial fees associated with your standard deposit accounts will continue to apply. You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees and Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and Internet service provider. Section 22 (Failed Or Returned Transfer Instructions) applies if you do not pay our fees and charges for the Account to Account Transfer Service, including without limitation if we debit the External Account for such fees, as described in this Section, and there are insufficient fees in the External Account; Section 22 (Failed Or Returned Transfer Instructions) should be interpreted as applying to the External Account, not just the Eligible Transaction Account, in such circumstances.
10. Refused Transfers. We reserve the right to refuse any transfer. As required by applicable law, we will notify you promptly if we decide to refuse to transfer funds.
11. Returned Transfers. In using the Account to Account Transfer Service, you understand transfers may be returned for various reasons such as, but not limited to, the External Account number is not valid. We will use reasonable efforts to research and correct the transfer to the intended Account or void the transfer and credit your Account from which you attempted to transfer funds. You may receive notification from us.
12. Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service. Except as otherwise stated below, notice to us concerning the Site or the Account to Account Transfer Service must be sent by postal mail to: 721 W Jackson St., Morton, IL 61550. We may also be reached at 309-266-5337 for questions and other purposes concerning the Account to Account Transfer Service. We will act on your telephone calls as described below in Section 26 (Errors, Questions, and Complaints), but otherwise, such telephone calls will not constitute legal notices under this Agreement.
13. Notices to You. You agree that we may provide notice to you by posting it on the Site, sending you an in-product message within the Account to Account Transfer Service, emailing it to an email address that you have provided us, mailing it to any postal address that you have provided us, or by sending it as a text message to any mobile phone number that you have provided us, including but not limited to the mobile phone number that you have listed in your Account to Account Transfer Service setup or customer profile. For example, users of the Account to Account Transfer Service may receive certain notices (such as notices of processed Transfer Instructions, alerts for validation and notices of receipt of transfers) as text messages on their mobile phones. All notices by any of these methods shall be deemed received by you no later than twenty-four (24) hours after they are sent or posted, except for notice by postal mail, which shall be deemed received by you no later than three (3) Business Days after it is mailed. You may request a paper copy of any legally required disclosures and you may terminate your consent to receive required disclosures through electronic communications by contacting us as described in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee not to exceed twenty dollars ($20.00) to respond to each such request. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Account to Account Transfer Service if you withdraw your consent to receive electronic communications.
15. Receipts and Transaction History. You may view your transaction history by logging into the Account to Account Transfer Service and looking at your transaction history. You agree to review your transactions by this method instead of receiving receipts by mail.
17. Eligibility. The Account to Account Transfer Service is offered only to individual residents of the United States who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, the Account to Account Transfer Service is not offered to minors unless the minor is using an Eligible Transaction Account in the name of the minor with a parent or guardian as a co-signor or guarantor. By using the Account to Account Transfer Service, you represent that you meet these requirements and that you agree to be bound by this Agreement.
18. Prohibited Transfers. The following types of transfers are prohibited through the Account to Account Transfer Service, and we have the right but not the obligation to monitor for, block, cancel and/or reverse such transfers:
- Transfers to or from persons or entities located in prohibited territories (including any territory outside of the United States); and
- Transfers that violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; and
- Transfers that violate the Acceptable Use terms in Section 19 (Acceptable Use) below; and
- Transfers related to: (1) tobacco products, (2) prescription drugs and devices; (3) narcotics, steroids, controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety; (4) drug paraphernalia; (5) ammunition, firearms, or firearm parts or related accessories; (6) weapons or knives regulated under applicable law; (7) goods or services that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity; (8) goods or services that are sexually oriented; (9) goods or services that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime; (10) goods or services that defame, abuse, harass or threaten others; (11) goods or services that include any language or images that are bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, vulgar, obscene, indecent or discourteous; (12) goods or services that advertise, sell to, or solicit others; or (13) goods or services that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction; and
- Transfers related to gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to, casino games, sports betting, horse or dog racing, lottery tickets, other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill (whether or not it is legally defined as a lottery) and sweepstakes; and
- Transfers relating to transactions that (1) support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other "get rich quick" schemes or multi-level marketing programs, (2) are associated with purchases of real property, annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (3) are for the sale of items before the seller has control or possession of the item, (4) constitute money-laundering or terrorist financing, (5) are associated with the following "money service business" activities: the sale of traveler’s checks or money orders, currency dealers or exchanges, or check cashing, or (6) provide credit repair or debt settlement services; and
- Transfers relating to tax payments and court ordered payments.
Except as required by applicable law, in no event shall we or our Service Providers be liable for any claims or damages resulting from your scheduling of prohibited transfers. We encourage you to provide notice to us by the methods described in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above of any violations of the Agreement generally.
19. Acceptable Use. You agree that you are independently responsible for complying with all applicable laws in all of your activities related to your use of the Account to Account Transfer Service, regardless of the purpose of the use, and for all communications you send through the Account to Account Transfer Service. We and our Service Providers have the right but not the obligation to monitor and remove communications content that we find in our sole discretion to be objectionable in any way. In addition, you are prohibited from using the Account to Account Transfer Service for communications or activities that: (a) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (b) promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime; (c) defame, abuse, harass or threaten others; (d) include any language or images that are bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, vulgar, obscene, indecent or discourteous; (e) infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction; (f) impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (g) facilitate any viruses, trojan horses, worms or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information; (h) constitute use of any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy the Account to Account Transfer Service or the portion of the Site through which the Account to Account Transfer Service is offered without our prior written permission; (i) constitute use of any device, software or routine to bypass technology protecting the Site or Account to Account Transfer Service, or interfere or attempt to interfere, with the Site or the Account to Account Transfer Service; or (j) may cause us or our Service Providers to lose any of the services from our internet service providers, payment processors, or other vendors. We encourage you to provide notice to us by the methods described in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above of any violations of the Agreement generally.
20. Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers. Immediately following your discovery of an unauthorized Transfer Instruction, you shall communicate with customer care for the Account to Account Transfer Service in the manner set forth in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above. You acknowledge and agree that time is of the essence in such situations. If you tell us within two (2) Business Days after you discover your password or other means to access your account through which you access the Account to Account Transfer Service has been lost or stolen, your liability is no more than $50.00 should someone access your account without your permission. If you do not tell us within two (2) Business Days after you learn of such loss or theft, and we can prove that we could have prevented the unauthorized use of your password or other means to access your account if you had told us, you could be liable for as much as $500.00. If your monthly financial institution statement contains transfers that you did not authorize, you must tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was sent to you, you may lose any amount transferred without your authorization after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money had you told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) prevented you from telling us, we may in our sole discretion extend the period.
21. Taxes. It is your responsibility to determine what, if any, taxes apply to the transactions you make or receive, and it is your responsibility to collect, report and remit the correct tax to the appropriate tax authority. We are not responsible for determining whether taxes apply to your transaction, or for collecting, reporting or remitting any taxes arising from any transaction.
22. Failed or Returned Transfer Instructions. In using the Account to Account Transfer Service, you are requesting that we or our Service Provider attempt to make transfers for you from your Eligible Transaction Account. If the Transfer Instruction cannot be completed for any reason associated with your Eligible Transaction Account (for example, there are insufficient funds in your Eligible Transaction Account, or the Transfer Instruction would exceed the credit or overdraft protection limit of your Eligible Transaction Account, to cover the transfer), the Transfer Instruction may or may not be completed. In certain circumstances, our Service Provider may either advance funds drawn on their corporate account or via an electronic debit, and in such circumstances will attempt to debit the Eligible Transaction Account a second time to complete the Transfer Instruction.In some instances, you will receive a return notice from us or our Service Provider. In each such case, you agree that:
- You will reimburse our Service Provider immediately upon demand the amount of the Transfer Instruction if the transfer has been delivered but there are insufficient funds in, or insufficient overdraft credits associated with, your Eligible Transaction Account to allow the debit processing to be completed;
- You may be assessed a late fee equal to one and a half percent (1.5%) of any unpaid amounts plus costs of collection by our Service Provider or their third-party contractor if the Transfer Instruction cannot be debited because you have insufficient funds in your Eligible Transaction Account, or the transaction would exceed the credit or overdraft protection limit of your Eligible Transaction Account, to cover the transfer, or if the funds cannot otherwise be collected from you. The aforesaid amounts will be charged in addition to any NSF charges that may be assessed by us, as set forth in your fee schedule from us (including as disclosed on the Site) or your account agreement with us. You hereby authorize us and our Service Provider to deduct all of these amounts from your designated Eligible Transaction Account, including by ACH debit;
- Service Provider is authorized to report the facts concerning the return to any credit reporting agency.
23. Address or Banking Changes. It is your sole responsibility and you agree to ensure that the contact information in your user profile is current and accurate. This includes, but is not limited to, name, physical address, phone numbers and email addresses. Depending on the Account to Account Transfer Service, changes may be able to be made within the user interface of the Account to Account Transfer Service or by contacting customer care for the Account to Account Transfer Service as set forth in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above. We are not responsible for any payment processing errors or fees incurred if you do not provide accurate Eligible Transaction Account, Transfer Instructions or contact information.
- Mobile Subscriber Information. You authorize your wireless carrier to disclose information about your account, such as subscriber status, payment method and device details, if available, to support identity verification, fraud avoidance and other uses in support of transactions for the duration of your business relationship with us. This information may also be shared with other companies to support your transactions with us and for identity verification and fraud avoidance purposes.
- Device Data. We may share certain personal information and device-identifying technical data about you and your devices with third party service providers, who will compare and add device data and fraud data from and about you to a database of similar device and fraud information in order to provide fraud management and prevention services, which include but are not limited to identifying and blocking access to the applicable service or Web site by devices associated with fraudulent or abusive activity. Such information may be used by us and our third party service providers to provide similar fraud management and prevention services for services or Web sites not provided by us. We will not share with service providers any information that personally identifies the user of the applicable device.
25. Account to Account Transfer Service Termination, Cancellation, or Suspension. If you wish to cancel the Account to Account Transfer Service, you may contact us as set forth in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above. Any transfer(s) that have begun processing before the requested cancellation date will be processed by us. You agree that we may terminate or suspend your use of the Account to Account Transfer Service at any time and for any reason or no reason. Neither termination, cancellation nor suspension shall affect your liability or obligations under this Agreement.
26. Errors, Questions, and Complaints.
- In case of errors or questions about your transactions, you should as soon as possible contact us as set forth in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above.
- If you think your periodic statement for your account is incorrect or you need more information about a transaction listed in the periodic statement for your account, we must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we send you the applicable periodic statement for your account that identifies the error. You must:
- Tell us your name;
- Describe the error or the transaction in question, and explain as clearly as possible why you believe it is an error or why you need more information; and,
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
- If you tell us orally, we may require that you send your complaint in writing within ten (10) Business Days after your oral notification. Except as described below, we will determine whether an error occurred within ten (10) Business Days after you notify us of the error. We will tell you the results of our investigation within three (3) Business Days after we complete our investigation of the error, and will correct any error promptly. However, if we require more time to confirm the nature of your complaint or question, we reserve the right to take up to forty-five (45) days to complete our investigation. If we decide to do this, we will provisionally credit your Eligible Transaction Account within ten (10) Business Days for the amount you think is in error. If we ask you to submit your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) Business Days, we may not provisionally credit your Eligible Transaction Account. If it is determined there was no error we will mail you a written explanation within three (3) Business Days after completion of our investigation. You may ask for copies of documents used in our investigation. We may revoke any provisional credit provided to you if we find an error did not occur.
27. Intellectual Property. All marks and logos related to the Account to Account Transfer Service are either trademarks or registered trademarks of us or our licensors. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts are our service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress or those of our licensors. You may not copy, imitate, or use any of the above without our prior written consent, which we may withhold in our sole discretion, and you may not use them in a manner that is disparaging to us or the Account to Account Transfer Service or display them in any manner that implies our sponsorship or endorsement. All right, title and interest in and to the Account to Account Transfer Service, the portion of the Site through which the Account to Account Transfer Service is offered, the technology related to the Site and Account to Account Transfer Service, and any and all technology and any content created or derived from any of the foregoing, is our exclusive property or that of our licensors. Moreover, any suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information you may send to us through or regarding the Site or Account to Account Transfer Service shall be considered an uncompensated contribution of intellectual property to us and our licensors, shall also be deemed our and our licensors’ exclusive intellectual property, and shall not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on our part. By submitting any such materials to us, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such materials has expressly granted) to us and our licensors a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and display, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed, and you warrant that all so-called "moral rights" in those materials have been waived, and you warrant that you have the right to make these warranties and transfers of rights.
28. Links and Frames. Links to other sites may be provided on the portion of the Site through which the Account to Account Transfer Service is offered for your convenience. By providing these links, we are not endorsing, sponsoring or recommending such sites or the materials disseminated by or services provided by them, and are not responsible for the materials, services or other situations at or related to or from any other site, and make no representations concerning the content of sites listed in any of the Account to Account Transfer Service web pages. Consequently, we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in sites listed in any search results or otherwise linked to the Site. For example, if you "click" on a banner advertisement or a search result, your "click" may take you off the Site. This may include links from advertisers, sponsors, and content partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, solicit personal information, or contain information that you may find inappropriate or offensive. In addition, advertisers on the Site may send cookies to users that we do not control. You may link to the home page of our Site. However, you may not link to other pages of our Site without our express written permission. You also may not "frame" material on our Site without our express written permission. We reserve the right to disable links from any third party sites to the Site.
29. Password and Security. If you are issued or create any password or other credentials to access the Account to Account Transfer Service or the portion of the Site through which the Account to Account Transfer Service is offered, you agree not to give or make available your password or credentials to any unauthorized individuals, and you agree to be responsible for all actions taken by anyone to whom you have provided such credentials. If you believe that your credentials have been lost or stolen or that someone may attempt to use them to access the Site or Account to Account Transfer Service without your consent, you must inform us at once at the telephone number provided in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above. See also Section 20 (Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers) above regarding how the timeliness of your notice impacts your liability for unauthorized transfers.
30. Amendments. We may amend this Agreement and any applicable fees and charges for the Account to Account Transfer Service at any time by posting a revised version on the Site. The revised version will be effective at the time it is posted unless a delayed effective date is expressly stated in the revision. Any use of the Account to Account Transfer Service after a notice of change or after the posting of a revised version of this Agreement on the Site will constitute your agreement to such changes and revised versions. Further, we may, from time to time, revise, update, upgrade or enhance the Account to Account Transfer Service and/or related applications or material, which may render all such prior versions obsolete. Consequently, we reserve the right to terminate this Agreement as to all such prior versions of the Account to Account Transfer Service, and/or related applications and material, and limit access to only the Account to Account Transfer Service’s more recent revisions, updates, upgrades or enhancements.
31. Our Relationship With You. We are an independent contractor for all purposes, except that we act as your agent with respect to the custody of your funds for the Account to Account Transfer Service. We do not have control of, or liability for, any products or services that are paid for with our Account to Account Transfer Service. We also do not guarantee the identity of any user of the Account to Account Transfer Service (including but not limited to recipients to whom you send transfers).
32. Assignment. You may not transfer or assign any rights or obligations you have under this Agreement without our prior written consent, which we may withhold in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to transfer or assign this Agreement or any right or obligation under this Agreement at any time to any party. We may also assign or delegate certain of our rights and responsibilities under this Agreement to independent contractors or other third parties.
33. Remedies. If we have reason to believe that you have engaged in any of the prohibited or unauthorized activities described in this Agreement or have otherwise breached your obligations under this Agreement, we may terminate, suspend or limit your access to or use of the Site or the Account to Account Transfer Service; notify law enforcement, regulatory authorities, impacted third parties, and others as we deem appropriate; refuse to provide our services to you in the future; and/or take legal action against you. In addition, we, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to terminate this Agreement, access to the Site and/or use of the Account to Account Transfer Service for any reason or no reason and at any time. The remedies contained in this Section 33 are cumulative and are in addition to the other rights and remedies available to us under this Agreement, by law or otherwise.
34. Disputes. In the event of a dispute regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service, you and we agree to resolve the dispute by looking to this Agreement.
35. Arbitration. For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000.00 USD, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. If a party elects arbitration, that party will initiate such arbitration through Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services ("JAMS"), the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), or an established alternative dispute resolution (ADR) administrator mutually agreed upon by the parties. The parties agree that the following rules shall apply: (a) the arbitration may be conducted telephonically, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, at the election of the party initiating the arbitration; (b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties, their representatives or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; (c) discovery shall not be permitted; (d) the matter shall be submitted for decision within ninety (90) days of initiation of arbitration, unless otherwise agreed by the parties, and the arbitrator must render a decision within thirty (30) days of submission; and (e) any award in such arbitration shall be final and binding upon the parties and may be submitted to any court of competent jurisdiction for confirmation. The parties acknowledge that remedies available under federal, state and local laws remain available through arbitration. NO CLASS ACTION, OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION, OR JOINDER OR CONSOLIDATION OF ANY CLAIM WITH A CLAIM OF ANOTHER PERSON SHALL BE ALLOWABLE IN ARBITRATION.
36. Law and Forum for Disputes. Unless our account agreement with you states otherwise, this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State in which you reside, without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. To the extent that the terms of this Agreement conflict with applicable state or federal law, such state or federal law shall replace such conflicting terms only to the extent required by law. Unless expressly stated otherwise, all other terms of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. Unless our account agreement with you states otherwise, you agree that any claim or dispute you may have against us (other than those which are arbitrated under Section 35 (Arbitration) above) must be resolved by a court located in the county in which you reside. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all claims or disputes unless said claim is submitted to arbitration under Section 35 (Arbitration) of this Agreement. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this Agreement. Both parties agree to waive any right to have a jury participate in the resolution of any dispute or claim between the parties or any of their respective Affiliates arising under this Agreement.
37. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us and our Affiliates and Service Providers and their Affiliates and the employees and contractors of each of these, from any loss, damage, claim or demand (including attorney’s fees) made or incurred by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement and/or your use of the Site or the applicable Account to Account Transfer Service.
38. Release. You release us and our Affiliates and Service Providers and the employees and contractors of each of these, from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature arising out of or in any way connected with any dispute that may arise between you or one or more other users of the Site or the applicable Account to Account Transfer Service. In addition, if applicable to you, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which states that a general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if not known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.
39. No Waiver. We shall not be deemed to have waived any rights or remedies hereunder unless such waiver is in writing and signed by one of our authorized representatives. No delay or omission on our part in exercising any rights or remedies shall operate as a waiver of such rights or remedies or any other rights or remedies. A waiver on any one occasion shall not be construed as a bar or waiver of any rights or remedies on future occasions.
40. Exclusions of Warranties. THE SITE AND ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN PARTICULAR, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO ANY PART OF OUR ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE, AND OPERATION OF OUR SITE MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS PARAGRAPH GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
41. Limitation of Liability. THE FOREGOING SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF US AND OUR AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS AND THE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS OF EACH OF THESE, FOR THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE AND THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE IS OFFERED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME, THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE MAY BE DELAYED, INTERRUPTED OR DISRUPTED PERIODICALLY FOR AN INDETERMINATE AMOUNT OF TIME DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR FAILURE IN THE PROVISION OF THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE, WHETHER CAUSED BY STRIKES, POWER FAILURES, EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS INTERNET DISRUPTION OR OTHER REASONS. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE CAUSED BY OR ARISING OUT OF ANY SUCH DELAY, INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR SIMILAR FAILURE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF GOODWILL OR LOST PROFITS (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE INSTALLATION, USE, OR MAINTENANCE OF THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE OR THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE IS OFFERED, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE AND NOTICE WAS GIVEN REGARDING THEM. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE OR THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE IS OFFERED THAT YOU DO NOT STATE IN WRITING IN A COMPLAINT FILED IN A COURT OR ARBITRATION PROCEEDING AS DESCRIBED IN SECTIONS 35 AND 36 ABOVE WITHIN TWO (2) YEARS OF THE DATE THAT THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OCCURRED. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY, AND THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS AND THE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS OF EACH OF THESE, TO YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT OUT OF POCKET DAMAGES UP TO A MAXIMUM OF $500 (FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
42. Complete Agreement, Severability, Captions, and Survival. You agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between us, sets forth the entire understanding between us and you with respect to the Account to Account Transfer Service and the portion of the Site through which the Account to Account Transfer Service is offered and supersedes any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communications between us. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. The captions of Sections in this Agreement are for convenience only and shall not control or affect the meaning or construction of any of the provisions of this Agreement. Sections 4, 12, 13, 21, 22, 27 and 32- 42 of the Agreement, as well as any other terms which by their nature should survive, will survive the termination of this Agreement. If there is a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and something stated by an employee or contractor of ours (including but not limited to its customer care personnel), the terms of the Agreement will prevail.
Last Updated 6/4/2020