Make Hometown Banks top of your wallet… Your Digital Wallet!
Paying for purchases with your Hometown Banks Debit Card is easier than ever! Register your Hometown Banks Debit Card with your smartphone's Digital Wallet and take advantage of the extra security!
Digital Wallet is the new secure way to make purchases in person or online. Simply unlock your phone and hold it near the contactless reader until you see the completed checkmark. Your card number will be replaced with a unique code meaning your card number is not being shared.
With the ease of Digital Wallet, you can pay without needing your physical card. Running inside a shop to grab a coffee? Just grab your phone and use the contactless reader! And because Digital Wallet eleminates the need for a plastic card to be use at the payment terminal, it increases the level of security by protecting your card number!
1. Make sure your phone providers wallet app is installed on your phone or go to your app store to download.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to load your Hometown Banks Debit Card information into the app. Once your card is stored on the phone, it’s ready to use!
- - You can add more than one card to your Digital Wallet but the first card you add will be the default for all transactions. If your Hometown Banks Debit Card is your preferred method of payment, be sure to move it to the top of the list!
- - You may be asked to set up a finger-print, passcode or pattern to activate your Digital Wallet. These additional security measures will help to ensure that no one but you can use your phones digital wallet app.
3. Begin using your Digital Wallet to make purchases anywhere that accepts:
If you own a Smart Watch, you use pay using that device as well!
When you see these symbols, you’ll know you can use your Digital Wallet.
If you have any questions, please call our Online Banking at 309-284-1365.