What To Do If You Think You Find A Mistake On Your Statement
If you think there is an error on your statement, write to us at:
Morton Community Bank
PO Box 104
Morton, IL 61550
In your letter, give us the following information:
• Account information: Your name and account number.
• Dollar amount: The dollar amount of the suspected error.
• Description of Problem: If you think there is an error on your bill, describe what you believe is wrong and why you believe it is a mistake.
You must contact us within 60 days after the error appeared on your statement.
You must notify us of any potential errors in writing. You may call us, but if you do we are not required to investigate any potential errors and you may have to pay the amount in question.
While we investigate whether or not there has been an error, the following are true:
• We cannot try to collect the amount in question, or report you as delinquent on that amount.
• The charge in question may remain on your statement, and we may continue to charge you interest on that amount. But, if we determine that we made a mistake, you will not have to pay the amount in question or any interest or other fees related to that amount.
• While you do not have to pay the amount in question, you are responsible for the remainder of your balance.
• We can apply any unpaid amount against your credit limit.