Turn your card On and Off, set limits, get alerts and more!
Card Valet is available both as an independent app and as a part of Mobile Banking. It is not necessary to have the independent app if you have Mobile Banking. In Mobile Banking the feature is called "Manage my cards" and is available under "Quick Links" on the Accounts page.
With the new "Cards" feature in your Hometown Community Banks app, you can turn your card "On" and "Off", decide where your card can be used, set only certain types of merchants or purposes...and much more...all with a simple app on your Android smart phone or iPhone.
Get the Hometown Community Banks app from iTunes or Google Play. The App is free! With your banking app, you can view your bank accounts, transfer money, deposit checks and more! So now you can manage your debit card in the same place you manage your money!
- Turn your card "On" or "Off": Can't find your card? Afraid it has been lost? You can turn it off in just moments so no transactions or withdrawals can be made. And if you find your card you can turn it back on the same easy way. Or maybe you just want to be extra safe and keep your card turned off all the time and turn it on when you want to use it.
- Location-based controls: Card Valet uses your phone's GPS (location services) to let you set how far away from your location your card can be used. You can set a large area or a very small area. As long as your phone is on and your GPS is active the area in which your card can be used will move with you.
- Interactive alerts: CardValet can send a real-time alert when a card is used, when a transaction is approved and exceeds any of the permitted use policies, or when a card transaction has been attempted but is declined
- Financial features: Need to check your balance quickly or locate the nearest ATM? Card Valet can do that in moments.
- Limit Merchants: Select what type of purchasing can be done with your card. Grocery stores only? Or maybe every place except gas stations. With numerous categories to choose from you can customize your card to work only in the places you select.
- Set transaction limits: The bank already sets a generous limit for purchases and ATM withdrawals with your card, but you can now reduce that limit any time you want...and then raise it back up, all the way to the limit set by the bank, just as easily.
Hometown Community Banks does not charge for the App or for the service. You may be charged usage or data fees from your carrier.