Commercial Loan Assistant - Champaign, IL
The Commercial Loan Assistant is responsible for supportin commercial loan officers by performing various administrative functions. They will become a key contact person to commercial customers when the lender is unavailable by providing a high level of customer support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service commercial lender portfolios by answering telephone calls, responding to emails and responding to other inquiries in a timely fashion. Prepare reports, statements and other reports as requested to assist the customer.
- Assist lenders in maintaining current financial and other information in imaged files and following up on execptions as needed.
- Assist lenders with deposit account administration by:
- Work with deposit operations/CSR to assist in deposit account opening and maintenance
- Retrieve and utilize information on sweep accounts
- Assist Lenders withthe evaluation of loan requests by:
- Order credit reports
- Gather financial information
- Complete Credit administration work requests as needed
- Complete letter of credit applications
- Coordinate the preparation of loan documentation for new loans, renewals and modifications by:
- Gathering necessary information
- Obtain payoff quotes
- Completing documentation request forms ensuring requests are completed per terms of loan approval documents
- Obtain real estate title commitments and/or lien searches
- Obtain UCC searches and releases
- Effectively communicate with Loan Processing and follow for the complettion of documentation
- Review documentation for accuracy prior to closing
- Assist with scheduling of loan closings and conducting loan closings if requested by lender
- Disbuse loan advances as requested
- Assist with loan administration issues including:
- Work closely with Commercial Loan Servicing regarding customer maintenance issues
- Attain collateral releases as requested
- Coordinate loan adminstrationwith participating banks
- Compliance with bank policies and procedures
Personnel Management: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, reaching, standing, lifting, talking, hearting and performing repetitive motions.
- Medium exertion; exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and or up to 10 pounds of force contantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activing such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Employees, who work 7 ½ continuous hours or more, must take a 30 minute uninterrupted lunch break no later than 5 hours after beginning their work day
Education and Qualifications
- High school education and diploma
- Attend Loan review course
- BSA and other Bank related training through BAI is required annually
- Understanding of UCCs, Deeds of Trust, Letters of Credit and Sweep Accounts
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Relevant computer skills
- Possess the knowledge to assist customers and commercial lenders with various types of commercial loans
Resumes may be sent to:
Or mail to:
Morton Community Bank
721 W. Jackson St.
Morton, IL. 61550