A tax refund is like...
A tax refund is like a fresh pan of brownies...without a a stated plan, it tends to disappear. So, to keep your refund from being "snitched away" this year, we've come up with some practical ideas to get you started. Everyone's situation is a little different, so not all of these may apply:
- Save for a down payment on your first home
- Establish an emergency savings fund
- Pay any large oustanding bills
- Make an extra payment on loans you currently have
- Share with someone in need
- Ask us about saving for retirement
- And yes, set aside $30 for a nice dinner with that "special someone"
According to the IRS, the average tax refund is approximately $3,000. What's your plan for 2015?
In the Mail
Did you earn more than $10 in interest in 2014? If so, you can expect to receive a 1099-INT tax form in the mail from us in late January.